We built this city on props and clothes! Cosplay City is coming to the Raleigh Convention Center! Located directly on the con floor, drop by for more costume goodness than you can shake a wand at! Make sure you plan for the legendary NCC Cosplay Contest on the main stage because it’s going to be bigger and better than ever!
Prejudging will take place on Saturday from 10:00am to 12:00pm and then 1:00pm to 6:00pm and Sunday from 11:00am to 1:00pm directly in Cosplay City, on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. Come early to make sure you get your costume judged! All costumes submitted must be prejudged in order to participate in the craftsmanship contest.
Each contestant that places will receive a certificate marking his or her accomplishment, as well as a prize.
With thousands of dollars in cash & prizes – including $500 cold hard cash for BEST IN SHOW!
All Prizes and awards for the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest will be announced after the Cosplay Showcase – and the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Categories include:
Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Rules
The Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest is broken into a two categories, and two age groups.
The age groups are for the person that created the costume, regardless of the model.
Kid costumes must be no less than 50% made by the contestant to qualify.
Teen/ Adult made costumes must be no less than 75% made by the contestant to qualify.
Costumes that have previously won an award and professional cosplayers are ineligible to win the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest, but MAY participate in the Cosplay Showcase.
- Pre-Judging will be held on Saturday from 10:05am to 12:15pm and then 1:15pm to 6pm and Sunday from 11:05am to 2:00pm in Cosplay Kingdom.
- Costumes must be worn during prejudging.
- Contestants must be present during the awards ceremony to receive prizes.
- No real weapons.
- HAVE FUN!
The Raleigh NC Comicon 2019 City Cosplay Contest is shaping up to be the biggest, best, and most costume-crazy event of the year, so we’ve decided to take it to the next level! The pageantry kicks off at 4pm with our Master of Cosplay, Moose Costumos! Music by cosplay disc jockey, Dr. DJ Fur-Burn! Hundreds of cosplayers, amazing prizes, and the most fun you can have in the multiverse with your costume on!
All those who wish to participate may! The line up starts at 3:00pm in Cosplay City and the fun begins at 4pm SHARP!
All Prizes and awards for the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest will be announced after the Cosplay Showcase
The contestant(s) winning the Showcase in their category will receive a super nifty certificate!
The Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Winners and Showcase Winner(s) will be named at the end of the Showcase!
Please read this entire policy before attending Raleigh NC Comicon. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund.
At the discretion of Security onsite, the following may be allowed:
- Plastic and Metal Shields
- Lightweight Plastic/PVC Props/Light Sabers
- Toy guns as long as they do not look like real ones, cannot function or shoot projectiles and have an orange tip on the barrel. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips made of foam or cardboard.
If any of the above items are deemed unsafe by NCC Security, they will not be allowed inside the building. They will only be allowed as long as they are deemed safe and will not cause harm onsite.
If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause bodily harm, we’re going to take issue. The following items are forbidden at Raleigh NC Comicon:
- Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass, PVC, wood and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol canisters
- Selfie sticks
- Dink Donk Spikes
NC Comicon is dedicated to providing a safe, harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of panels or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
The event organizers reserve the right to sanction or expel participants violating these rules. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the conference staff immediately. NC Comicon staff will be happy to help contact venue security or law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention.